Become a Volunteer
Today more than ever, girls are looking for role-models to help them become women of courage, confidence, and character. By becoming a Girl Scout volunteer, you have the opportunity to be this person to girls in your community. Being a volunteer with us allows you to share your talents and interests in a safe and fun environment. Girl Scouts—Dakota Horizons has flexible options to meet your needs—whether it is an hour or a year we have a place for you!
Becoming a volunteer with us has never been easier! All volunteer positions require an application and background check. Complete the following steps and we will start your volunteer experience today!
- Become a registered member of Girl Scouts. All volunteers are required to be registered members of Girl Scouts of the USA. The cost is $15 for one year and is renewed annually. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
- Complete a Volunteer Application and return to:
1101 W. Marion Rd
Sioux Falls, SD 57106
or submit Volunteer Application Online
- Complete our new volunteer training Girl Scouting 101 by clicking here http://training.girlscouts.org. Password is: aboutGS101
- Complete a brief interview with Volunteer Department Staff (for Troop Leaders, Co-Leaders, Product Sale Coordinators, Camp Directors, Travel Coordinators, Service Unit Managers). You will be contacted by a staff member to complete this step.
- Receive an appointment letter outlining your volunteer assignment and support team.
Once you have received your appointment letter, you are ready to begin your volunteer experience! If you have any questions about becoming a volunteer or would like more information before applying, do not hesitate to contact the Volunteer Department at email@example.com or (605)-336-2978.