2016 Fall Product Sale Program
Nuts, Candy and Magazines
Top 3 Reasons for Your Troop to Participate
1. Earn Start-up Funds!
2. Sales Made Easy!
Girls can participate in one or all parts of the sale, making it adaptable for troops and independent girls.
3. Teach Girls Valuable Lessons!
It’s Easy to Participate
Girl Scouts-Dakota Horizons knows how important and limited TIME is to girls, volunteers and their families. Our Fall Product Sale offers LOTS of flexible sales options – girls, parents and troops can choose how they want to participate:
Girl Scouts and troops can choose any combination of these sales options – participate in all the sales options or they can just do one or two. The options and combinations are completely up to the girls!
Troops earn funds which should be used to support your troop’s Girl Scout year! Have your Girl Scouts and parents vote on how they want to use their funds earned for the year—after all the sale is for the Girls: purchase new uniforms, go to camp or purchase Journey Books for all the Girls are some examples. There are a million ways to use your funds earned by participating in the Fall Product Sale Program. Girls learn skills along the way and have a ton of fun too!
$.75 per nut/candy item sold
$2.25 per magazine/photo item sold
$3.00 per reach out booklet filled out (1 book per girl)
|Service Units Earn
Service Units also earn proceeds from all Troops who participate.
SU Proceed Policy/Guidelines
|Individual Girl Scouts earn proceeds based on a sales range
Individual Girl Scouts – not associated with a Troop.
Getting Started – Fall Product Sale Program Training
Step 1: Attend a Fall Sale Volunteer Training – Contact your local Service Unit Coordinator or local GSDH Office to find out when your local training will be!
Step 2: Watch the Quick Tips Training Videos – links below!
Step 3: Review your materials
Once you have attended training, your Service Unit Fall Sale Coordinator will provide you with the Fall Sale information and materials. Not sure who to contact? Please contact your local GSDH office at 800-666-2141 for more information.
Fall Product Sale Program Financial Process
Automated Clearing House (ACH)
ACH stands for Automated Clearing House and refers to an electronic banking network used for direct deposit and electronic bill payment. EXAMPLE: If your paycheck is direct deposited into your bank account then you are using the ACH system.
How Does ACH Work?
Troops will simply deposit all money collected from a product sale program into their troop bank account (this includes ALL customers’ checks and cash). GSDH will set withdrawal dates throughout the sale and a percent of sales will be taken out of the troop’s bank account. These dates and dollar amounts will be communicated to each troop prior to each withdrawal.
What are the Benefits of ACH?
- Less work & time for the Troop Volunteers, Service Unit Volunteers and GSDH Staff.
- No more copies of money tracking forms, certified mailing of checks, tape totals, reconciliation of money, etc.
- It’s GREEN! Less paperwork = better for the environment.
Fall Product Sale Troop/Service Unit ACH Requirements
- Each troop is required to have an authorized and active troop bank account with 2 approved signers.
- Troop completes and signs the ACH Authorization Form – include voided check from troop bank account and return to GSDH no later than September 30, 2016.
- Nut-E Website —Need to enter and/or manage your troops orders?
- Nut/Candy and Magazines Online—Want to send emails to your customers or order nuts and magazines?
- QSP Online or Paper Magazine Customer Service or 1-877-289-6247
Have a question about your magazine order?
- QSP Online Tech Support 1-877-305-4146—Have trouble getting online?