Girl Scout Gold Award
|The Girl Scout Gold Award is the highest and most prestigious award a Girl Scout Senior or Girl Scout Ambassador can earn. You will be joining the ranks of generations of young women who have made a difference in their communities both locally and globally. The Gold Award represents the highest achievement in Girl Scouts and therefore is a commitment you make and complete as an individual.
*Girl Scout Seniors complete Senior Journeys and Girl Scout Ambassadors complete Ambassador Journeys
Steps – 80 hours is the suggested minimum for the steps:
- Choose an issue: Use your values and skills to identify a community issue you care about.
- Investigate: Research everything you can about the issue.
- Get help: Invite others to support and take action with you.
- Create a plan: Create a project plan that achieves sustainable and measurable impact.
- Present your plan and get feedback: Sum up your project plan for your Girl Scout council.
- Take action: Take the lead to carry out your plan. Your project must receive council approval prior to starting.
- Educate and inspire: Share what you have experienced with others.
For more information, visit GSUSA Highest Award Webpage
Questions, contact your local district office.
Hazen, ND Girl Named National Young Woman of Distinction for her Gold Award Project.